Friday, October 30, 2009

desperate for entertainment

Why am I so desperate for entertainment? Why can’t I just work on my drawings or paintings without listening to music? Or when I don’t know anything to do I turn on the TV, instead of going outside for inspiration or reading a book to expand my knowledge? Even worse I rather watch a movie than paint or draw. Why is it that I am addicted to this kind of entertainment? Why is it so hard to try not to waste my time this way?
It feels like my body wants to do as little as possible but also wants to be entertained. It’s lazy, it doesn’t want do the work that needs to be done to get the same amount of excitement that it get’s from just sitting and watching TV, even if that way the excitement feels more real and is more satisfying. Do I lack the mental strength to resist my physical urges? Or is it that I wasn’t thought the necessary discipline and encouraged enough to work hard?
This generation has become lazy, because little or no effort is required to live and be entertained. Working hard is not a must anymore to get somewhere in live, neither is discipline a part of our education. So we are not encouraged to work hard and feel its satisfaction, nor are we taught the discipline that’s needed to discover how much more satisfying the reward of hard work is than watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment