Monday, November 2, 2009

Busy Busy Grocery Shopping

Some people don’t like grocery shopping, because it is repetitive and time consuming, time better spent on other things you, according to yourself, have to do.
But if you want to eat it has to be done, so there is no sense in complaining. Just accept it, don’t worry about it beforehand, just do it.
When you are in the supermarket but mentally already with your future responsibilities, you are not concentrating on your shopping; so wasting energy, time, forgetting and overlooking things you (might) need. Of course you can’t enjoy it if your mind is already working on (for instance) the administration that has to be done and the time you are wasting on your groceries.
I see my time in the supermarket as an adventure with endless possibilities. It is like meditation, away from my everyday life and responsibilities, free and still inside. Just looking at all the products available and the most fascinating dinner ideas pop up; the weirdest people walking around, self-centred and unaware, not seeing all the wonderful things happening around them: the smells, sounds, colours, little accidents and friendly personnel.
And doing my shopping this way is extremely satisfying and peace giving, just because of the fact that my thoughts are not going everywhere (thoughts who in fact are just telling me how much I have to do, but who do nothing what so ever to relief the work pressure; on the contrary) here are just the incoming impressions and my reactions to them,
So I enjoy a peaceful mind, the wonderful and funny things happening around me; and afterwards the delicious meal, the result of my meditative adventure.
This way of grocery shopping can be applied on everything one does in life. You can only do something now, focus on it and don’t worry about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment